Ready or Not...Here It Comes!
Winter! Make sure your heating system is ready...
We know you hate to even think about freezing temperatures right now, but winter will be here before you know it. We'd like to remind you to check your heating system NOW to make sure it is ready to go.
Take a few minutes now to make sure your system is working with these 4 easy steps:
- Make sure all your Emergency and Oil Heat switches are on.
- If you have a steam system - make sure you see water in the gauge glass.
- Switch your thermostat to HEAT. Raise your thermostat 10 degrees above room temperature and let it run for about 30 minutes.
- If warm air is not coming out OR if the system does not cycle on, give us a call: 973-678-1800.
WINTER COST-SAVING TIPS
Did you know that a furnace or boiler is the largest energy user in most homes? With the cold-weather months right around the corner, we would like to share with you a number of ways that you can reduce your home heating costs:
- Review pricing plan options with one of our customer service representatives to find the one that best fits your needs and budget.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees. Lower the thermostat to 55 degrees - the lowest setting at night or when you are not at home.
- Replace older, 65% efficient furnaces with one that is 80% efficient or higher. How do you know if your system is old? If you've had your heating system for more than 20 years, it might be a good time to purchase a new one.
- Check your furnace filter at least once a month during the heating season, cleaning or replacing it if it's dirty.
- Have your furnace/boiler professionally serviced annually to prevent costly problems.
- Insulate hot-water pipes and lower the temperature on your water heater from 130 degrees to 120 degrees.
- Replace or upgrade large appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, washers and dryers with Energy Star® rated appliances to save energy costs and the environment.
- Replace your current underground oil tank. The State of New Jersey offers up to $3,000 to eligible homeowners that replace their non-leaking underground storage tank with either a new under ground tank or an above ground tank.
Mitchell Supreme can assist you with any questions you may have on your oil storage tank. If you are looking to have your tank tested or replaced, we can recommend top companies which we have long-standing relationships with.